Sunday, March 28, 2010

They seek him here

It seems that J alfred has suddenly become the YSA equivilant of Bigfoot or Where's Wally as in sunday school this morning the teacher ( who was YSA as well) asked if anyone had seen him recently.
" He was at the Northampton convention" came one reply
" Oh no he wasn't" came another
" He's in Westcoates ward" was another answer
" No he lives in stockport"
" Last I heard he's living in Norfolk." was another response.

So the only definite conclusion was that no one knew where he was precisely. When someone made the bigfoot analogy I got a fit of the giggles as I suddenly got the stereotypical image of someone from the deep south of america with beard and baseball cap holding up a blurry picture and saying " It was, I say it was J alfred. I came outta the house and he was in my garbage can"

Quite why my image of a steretypical southern american seems to involve them speaking in a mix of cletus and Yosamite sam I have no idea.

I've just seen a trailer for a new film called Scott pilgrim versus the world. It's based on a comic book which surprisingly for me I've never heard of but it's directed by the guy who did Hot Fuzz and Shaun of the Dead and it looks really really funny.

I spent a large part of the afternoon doing some painting, after a long period of doing no painting I suddenly felt the urge to do some. I'm finding myself going much longer then I used to between painting but as Grumpy pointed out that's probably because it's now only my hobby opposed to being my job.

I'm back on the early shift this week although it's only going to be a short week with Easter Friday . So I will be getting home quite early but the downside is I have to get up quite early as well.

Oh well,

Later Folks!

1 comment:

banana said...

J Alfred is in Norwich - he got a job in a law firm down there. He seems to be enjoying himself - I caught up with him about a month ago not too long after he'd moved from Manchester.

Is his sister/family not around to ask?