Saturday, March 20, 2010

Owen Versus the Postman

" Is that a chainsaw?"

Was my somewhat rather confused thought when I woke up this morning as I heard a noise which did sound like a chainsaw. I then realised it wasn't a chainsaw ( probably a good thing) but rather Owen growling while he stood at the top of the stairs. This was promptly followed by a loud clattered as he charged down the stairs and started barking as loudly as possible. I simply shrugged rolled over and went back to sleep. Why was I unbothered by the barking? Well at that time of a Saturday morning it could only mean one thing. The post had just been delivered.

It's been a bit of a yucky day which I know isn't a official weather service term but it's the only one which comes close to describing today. As it's been really warm, but also quite wet as well so it's just been sticky and warm all day which is not a nice thing. Not nice in the slightist!

It was fairly quiet in Loughborough today, I don't know if it was because it's a long month or it was just one of those things but most of the shops were pretty quiet. Which was great for looking around. It would have been even greater if there was anything I wanted to buy.

There's suppose to be another fuel duty rise at the start of April of 3p a litre which si really annoying considering the average price of fuel is 1.16 right now. Everyone keeps complaining about the high prices but no one is owning up to whose causing it. The government says it's not there fault, the petrol stations say it's not there and the oil companies say not to blame them. Well someone is making the price that high so who do we blame? The monkeys?

It's been confirmed that the new Doctor Who series starts two weeks today. All of the early buzz about the new Doctor seems good and the new trailer almost had me convinced ( spitfires in space that is so cool!) but like most people I will wait to be convinced when the new episode airs.

Anyway,

Later folks.

No comments: