Monday, March 15, 2010

Know when to quit

It's been a rather strange day. It started when I got up as despite being on earlies it's now light at that time of the morning which threw me as the last time I was on the early shift it wasn't.

And the day just seemed to get more and more strange from then on culminating with a customer who was so argumentative he failed to realise that he had actually managed to "win" and get what it wanted and proceeded to keep arguing to such a extent that he actually talked himself out of the winning situation he found himself in.

Which to be perfectly honest totally baffled me as well he had won! So why keep arguing? I suppose it's just my field of work as every day certainly brings you something new and unexpected in customer service land.

I was possibly one of the handful of fans who wasn't totally overjoyed to see my old company finally launch their new website. To be perfectly honest it's very hard to get excited about something which cost me my job. Still that feeling will probably fade in time. Grumpy told me that I should feel a sense of accomplishment as no matter how little they may actually be there's still some of my work in some fashion in the website even if most people don't know.

Anyway,

Later folks.

No comments: