Wednesday, March 03, 2010

It's all a matter of timing

I've noticed that all of the smokers on the late shift are very adept at doing things in perfect timing. As soon as they exit the building they light up in unison and they dump their cigarettes in unison when the very nice bus driver who always does a final sweep of the building to check he has everyone comes out to drive us back to the car park.

I know it doesn't sound that funny but it really is funny to watch when they dump their cigs in unison.

The underlying pattern to the shift patterns is starting to become apparent despite the fact at first that they appeared to be organised by the rolling of a dice. I've noticed certain faces who tend to be on the bus at the same time as me which is good as it's helping me slowly get to know new people as most of them aren't from my team.

It's been another long day on the late shift although that usually is the case on the Wednesday as your at that halfway point of the week when it seems like you've been working for ages and the end of the week is so far away.

But it isn't. It's only two more days. Yah!

I had to fill up with petrol this evening with is one task that always seems to get more expensive but at least with my new job I'm only having to fill up once every two weeks which is something i quite like.

as you can imagine.

Anyway,

Later folks.

No comments: