Thursday, March 18, 2010

Grumpy versus the tech guys

Sorry for the lack of bloggage yesterday. Our broadband connection went out and Grumpy spent half an hour on the phone to the tech guys who insisted that everything was fine and the problem was at our end before calling him back after investigating to admit that there was in fact a technical problem which they had to fix at the main telephone exchange and they probably used the same technical method most engineers use when something isn't working a large hammer.

It was a usual day at work as it started with one girl ranting about the healthy lunches list her sons school had sent home ( seriously what kid would want to eat salmon in sandwiches?), followed by a extremely patronising customer, followed by one who wanted to send her cat, which was then followed by a can of drink which suddenly decided to explode in my bag which may or may not have caused a little bit of bad language as I struggled to clean up the mess without spraying drink everywhere, before finishing the day with finding out the list of activies that will be going on for sports relief tomorrow including the managers doing a sponsered hula hoop around the building.

Nope I have no idea either what that has to dow ith charity but it's probably going to be as funny as hell.

As I mentioned a few days ago my old company has launched their new website, well a picture appeared today which showed in the background my old desk which now seems to be being used by someone else which was a weird as hell feeling quite frankly. It's been almost six months since I was told I was being made redundent and it still seems like it was yesterday but it also seems to have been a incredibly long time ago as well. If that makes any sense whatsoever.

I realised that I have learned a heck of a lot in the past almost six months and really pushed myself forward in developing my own capabilities. I do miss my old job but I've realised that it's pointless looking back. There's always what if's and maybe's in life, you'll drive yourself mad if you dwell on them too much. I would have liked to keep doing the proof reading as that was fun, plus i would have got to read stuff much earlier. It's hard to wait when you now just how far in advance a book is finished!

I'll just have to find something else to use my encylopedic knowledge for. Maybe a local gaming group needs someone to write a campaign for them? Well stranger things have happened.

I've spent some of this evening moving some stuff up into the loft as it's now fully converted. I think it's time to put my much talked about plans to redocate my room into action!

Now only if I knew something about decorating.

One more day to the weekend which I'm very glad about as I've found myself starting to lag the past day or so. Getting up that early in the morning does take it out of you no matter how early you get home.

No comments: