Thursday, April 01, 2010

The icing on the egg

It snowed last night which in itself wasn't a big problem. What was the problem was that a thick of lay of snow stayed on the car and promptly froze solid. Which left muggins here with one heck of a problem when it came to deicing as the ice was too thick for the de icer to well doing anything really and it was also thick enoug that the scraper wouldn't work.

Which left me with the only option of sitting in the cr with the heaters on full hoping the ice would melt as I watched the time steadily tick away.

I finally managed to get the ice clear so I could leave after 15 minutes! Which meant I was very late. I wanted to rush but I kept it slow and steady as it was possible that if the roads it hadn't been gritted there would be lots of ice around and the last thing I'd want to do is to tangle with Black Ice again.

Fortunatly I had no problems, which is something I can't say for one car owner who had went into a ditch alongside the side of the airport, there were already three people stopped to help and I didn't slow down to take a gawp as form biter experience I know that doesn't help after you've had a accident.

I was able to get into the office with ten minute to spare and spent a anxious few minutes watching my computer boot up so slowly. Why is it computers next go fast when you need them too? One of my friends at uni had a theory. He reckoned that all computer have secret emotion sensing chips. The more hurried or frustrated you are the more difficult it will be. It seems a stupid theory until the next tiem your computer plays up on you.

I'm moving desks next week as our team leader has decided on a change round, as apparently it helps the team overall as we get a change to mix better and learn from other peoples techniques.
It also means I get a window seat :-)

There was very much a Friday feeling through out the day even though it was Thursday. But I guess that's what bank holidays do :-)

So I now have four whole days before I have to be back at work. I am so going to enjoy my lie in tomorrow.

Later folks.

No comments: