Friday, November 27, 2009

Cut from a Different cloth

One of the strangest thing I've been getting used to over the past couple of weeks is the 'difference' in the customer base I now have to deal with. The basic customer cliches and stereotypes that I've dealt with over the past seven years are still present but in my new role I'm finding some new ones, plus there always seems to be slight variations on the old cliches as well.

It's proving to be a interesting learning experience.

That's assuming trying to get the hang of everything doesn't send me bonkers first.

Apparently we're going to be seeing the mid season of finale of Flashforward in the UK before the USA. I was really interested in the series when it started but now, well it's starting to feel really long and drawn out. I think the decision to expand it to a full season of 20 episodes is having a rather negative affect on the show.

From what I read Stargate universe seems to be developing okay. However the chances of it appearing on a terrestial TV channel seem slim to none! But at least they show chuck on Virgin one so there's still something scifi based to watch.

Speaking of things to watch it looks like my next big challenge will be to persude Grumpy to buy a new DVD player as the old one seems to have completely packed up for no obivous reason whatsoever.

It's also been a bit bittersweer today as I recieved in the post some sample copies of the last marketing material I wrote for my last job. I had copies of all the others I had done so I was keen to have a copy of the last one and they were kind enough to send me a couple of copies as I wanted to have a full set. Granted I'll probably never use them for anything but it's nice to have them to at least remind myself that I was writing material that was used worldwide. It is a bit weird to think that a project I started and helped define and wrote is and will go on without me.

It seems a lot longer then two months ago when I left the office for the last time. It's not been a easy few weeks but I think I'm now back on the level as it were. The way I've been approaching my modelling has changed significantlly as my hobby has changed from being my job back into well just a hobby.

So my jobs now my job, my hobby is now well just my hobby and I guess I'll figure the rest of my life out at some point :-) I may know a lot but I've still got a lot to learn.

Later folks.

No comments: