Sunday, November 15, 2009

Be honest

No matter how good your intentions it's inevitable that at some point you will find it very hard to concentrate in a church meeting.

My concentration levels in stake conference this morning were not helped by two things. Firstly the sun shining through the side windows at the top of the cultural hall which meant I had to sit at a very odd angle to keep the sunlight out of my eyes. The second thing was the stupidly large box of cookies that two young lads in front of me were chowing down on for the entire session.

It's hard to concentrate when all you can smell is choclate chip.

The new special of Doctor who this evening was very good and a bit scary as well. If there are any parents out there whose children found it hard to deal with statues after watching the episode 'blink' well if you let them watch " Waters of Mars" good luck getting them to have a bath!

It was a intensly thought provoking episode and very intense as well. The scene when the Doctor starts walking away from the base listening to the radio chatter as the colonists start to get infected one by one almost had me shouting at the screen demanding he get back in there and save them fixed point in time or not.

I'm not going to say anymore as I wouldn't want to spoil anything for Scully or anyone else who hasn't seen it.

I really can't wait for the two parter at Christmas.

Well it's Monday tomorrow and my first full week of work lies ahead. I've been contemplating why I found Friday hard and I realised after someone else pointed something out to me that maybe the problem is ( and not to sound arogant or anything) I've spent so long at being the best at something that I've forgotten to accept that I may not be perfect at everything. If that makes any sense.

I'm just going to try and learn from all of my mistakes, move on, not make them again and most importantly not dwell on them.

The last one might be the hardest.

But I guess I'll just have to try and see if this new found optomism of mine will overcome my old pessimism.

Later folks.

4 comments:

Scully said...

I'm so upset I can't watch Doctor Who when everyone in the UK can! I need my fix - I miss the Doctor. I can't wait until it is back to its regular series schedule. Did you hear David Tennant was cast in a US tv pilot for NBC? Sort of Monk and House-ish from the sound of it.

Scully said...

Forgot to say I totally had a difficult time concentrating in church today. As did several of my friends. Something must have been in the air.

Saxon said...

I did hear he was cast in a pilot. The english are taking over hollywood I tell you!

Don't believe me look at Flash forward four of the main characters are played by English actors.

Saxon said...

must have been something clever to be in the air over there and over here at the same time.