Thursday, November 05, 2009

Can we do this? Yes we can

It was another day of intensive training today which assuming I passed the tests okay means that I should now have two new qualifications.

Not bad for a few hours work hey?

Of course that makes the training so a lot easier then it was. It certainly wasn't. To be honest it could have also been quite boring but fortunatly we had a very good trainer who made the material very interesting.

It's amazing sometimes how much goes on behind the scenes as it were that we don't think about. The stuff I have done previously to do with logistics it strictly small time compared with some of the other stuff that goes on out there.

Our training group is really getting along great now as well. At the start of the week there were long silences where we all just sat there but now we're chatting away sharing stories of previous employment, life etc and how we ended up there. I think we're all glad that we've gelled as a group so early as our training kicks up a notch tomorrow as we start a really really intensive week of training before we 'go to the frontlines' as it were for the first time next Friday.

Grumpy has mentioned that I seem to be really enjoying myself and I am. I loved my old job and was gutted when I was made redundent but I'm trying to accept that it's the past and concentrate on the future and become "a optimistic optimist" to quote Drat as this new role is proving challenging and I am enjoying the challenge.

I've seen whats happened to people who were made redundent from my last place and couldn't 'let it go' and have become very bitter and twisted. There's no way I want that to happen to me.

Dress down day tomorrow and we get to use the computers for the first time. It should be busy, challenging and fun. Now if only our trainers can stop saying Do Do and it should be almost perfect.

Later folks.

No comments: