Sunday, November 08, 2009

Back and Forth

Today has been slightly longer then the usual Sunday as I've ben doing a lot of going back and forth. Back and forth to wakefield to be exact.


My Brother in Law was baptised earlier this week and was confirmed as a member of the church this morning. I managed to make it just in time for the service thanks to what seems like a never ending series of roadworks that are slowly creeping up and down the M1 in what seems like some sort of evil plot by a mastermind who has come up with a evil plot despite having lost the plot sometime ago. What makes said roadworks all the more annoying is that their usually several miles long ( one series is almost up to 20 miles), the speed is reduced to 50 mph and they usually have average speed cameras. Which means you have to watch your speed like a hawk the entire time. But I digress ( nothing new there)


What I hadn't been aware of until Friday was that as well as my Brother in law being confirmed his two youngest children were both being blessed as well. Which made it a even more special day.


Now for all the non church members who are wondering exactly what I'm blithering on about by the term 'blessing' well I suppose the best way to describe it is our equivilant of a christening. Although both of my nieces were 'a bit older' then children usually are when they get blessed.

It was fun spending the afternoon with my nieces and nephews. Although I discovered that one of my nephews was convinced that I was older then his Mum (multi-task) and was shocked that I was 'only' 28. I'm sure there was a compliment in that belief somewhere but for who is another matter.

It's a start of a new week tomorrow which means another week of training which should be fun.

As long as I can remember it all.

anyway,

Later folks,

No comments: