Saturday, November 28, 2009

Look to the skies

I remember someone ( as to who it was, I can't remember their identity has lost since been lost to the mists of time) once making a joke that they reckoned that the weathermen only guessed at the weather and must never stick their heads outside when they do so because if they did they would be accurate a lot more.

I was reminded of this comment as I read a article in the newspaper which weatherman have predicted that we will continue to have a very mild winter. Mild? They call this mild? When it's been so cold we had to put the central heating on at 3pm then crank it up by 4pm as it was getting cold. This is there idea of mild? What's their idea of a cold winter? The Day after tomorrow!

Okay so today hasn't been anywhere close to the Day after tomorrow but it's been very cold indeed, a your feet remain cold all day kinda cold.

Apparently the bookshop borders has had to call in the recievers which is not good as there my favourite bookshop! If they go under that will leave only Waterstones which although okay are not as good store for store as borders are/were. Delete as appropriate depending on what happens.

Asides from the cold weather it's been a bit of a non descript day really. I've just generally been taking it easy and enjoying having a day to myself to do what I please.

Anyway

Later folks

No comments: