Wednesday, November 18, 2009

It's funny what you can miss

There's a saying I heard once and it went along the line of, you'll always miss something unless your actually looking for it. I am paraphrasing there because for once my usually good memory has deserted me. It's true of my new company as I never really noticed their vehicles before and now I work for them, I see the darn things everywhere.

Connected with that I've also suddenly woken up to the fact of just how many transport couriers and lorries there are on the roads. It's weird to 'suddenly' see them as they've always been there and it's not like they've just appeared on the roads. Unless we're in some crazy real life version of the truman show but I digress.

It's been a fun day if a very very long one as I spent a lot of the day on the road as it were getting experience of the 'front end of the front lines'.

It was very educational and not just from a work perspective. Seeing the roads from a van drivers perspective rather then a car drivers perspectives throws up all sorts of points that you don't think of as a car driver.

The area we were in had a lot of old builders which had decorative stones which said things like " This stone was layed by Mrs such and such in 1890 whatever" again paraphrasing there if you hadn't guessed. It made me wonder about the history which had gone on in those buildings and just what would the people who laid those stones made of the city today.

Weather wise it was a horrible horrible day, really wet and and windy. On the plus side my new coat was brilliant and I did not get cold at all. So I think I made a wise investment there.

Well I was about due for one.

Anyway,

Later folks.

No comments: