Thursday, November 26, 2009

Judge not

We're all quite experienced in judging. Not the kind where you sit behind a big desk in court, rather with simple every day things. Judging how long we need to cook the veg, how much water needs to go in the bath and how long can we lie in bed before we have to get up.

(This isn't a random waltz off onto a tangent already, I am going somewhere with this)

I have been getting experiencing in perfecting my judging skills this week in catching the bus to and from the car park at work. If I judge it too early I'm out of the car too early and have to wait in the cold for the bus to make it from one end of the car park to the other, if I judge it too late I'm left to skuttle across the car park to catch the darn thing before it leaves.

Alas my judging skills are still far from perfect and I find myself shivering whilst waiting for it to arrive most mornings despite my new new winter coat.

Oh well, not really the end of the world is it :-)

It was extremely busy today at work but it was also a lot of fun. I'm really feeling like I'm starting to find my feet and my latest round of stats which showed that yesterday I managed my first day with out making any errors was a real boost.

I did go out hometeaching this evening however despite making a appointment the family we were going to visit weren't in. Which although annoying wasn't the end of the world either. At least we went.

Well one more day until the weekend.

Later folks

2 comments:

drat said...

how come you didnt phone ahead to check that they are in?

oh, and I have an idea for you. You always talk on your blog about "home teaching" and getting your lists and things, but a lot of people wouldn't really know what you TEACH at home teaching.

Since the people you are teaching are out, why dont you do a blog post all about home teaching, and explain what you WOULD have done, what you would have talked about, etc. That way you reach a bigger audience and people who dont know about it might get a better idea.

Maybe that could be a good idea for a blog post on the days when you say "I cant think of anything to write"....

hope this helps mate
Drat

Saxon said...

how come you didnt phone ahead to check that they are in?

because you don't usually have to when you've made an appointment, but we may do that next time just to be sure