Friday, November 13, 2009

May you live in interesting times

If I remember correctly the phrase " may you live in interesting times" or words to that effect is supposed to be a ancient chinese curse.

And today has certainly been an interesting time.

I was on the front lines for the first time today as it were and I have to admit it was really hard. Especially as I seemed to be stuck getting difficul call after difficult call. Although fortunatly I wasn't the only one finding things difficult as my colleagues were also having problems as well as we all tried to put the classroom work into 'reality' for the first time. We all freely admited afterwards that we were all sure that we had made errors. Still that's part of the learning process, we've just got to make sure we don't do them again.

Of course this also highlighted a small downside to having such a good memory as it seemed keen to replay every error I had made in exact perfect detail on the way home.

Still it's the weekend now and I will follow Grumpys advice of trying to forget about it until Monday morning as theres no point dwelling on things over the weekend.

Surprise, surpise it's raining again and according to the weather reports it will do all weekend as the biggest storms of the year arrive. I guess this means that theLoughborough Fair will be a bit of a wash out ( no pun intended).

Jordan is due to go back into the jungle in the next series of I'm a celebrity get me out of here. Before anyone gets too excited I'm afriad that I must give you some bad news. They won't be leaving her there, she will be coming back to England.

There was a news report yesterday about the first women to join the red arrows (acrobratic display team for anyone who doesn't know). I found it amusing that the news reporters were trying to be as politically correct as possible by listing reasons such as Ingrained prejudice, tradation and g suits not designed for women as all possible reasons why theres never been a Female red arrow before. It seemed like they didn't dare say the other possible reason for why there's never been one before, there's not been a Female pilot good enough before to join.

Anyway,

Later Folks

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I see no reason why women should not be just as good pilots as men, so naturally the other reasons stand as being more valid than your frankly sexist suggestion. After all, everybody knows these planes don't have a reverse gear, don't need to parallel park, and there are no mirrors in the cockpit (so they can't get distracted putting there makeup on)