Friday, November 20, 2009

Dressing up to dress down

It was dress down and work and it was for charity. Children in need to be precise which for those of my readers who don't know is a big charity event which is held every year nationwide and they do a special broadcast on the BBC all night where people ring in donate etc.

My first thought o nthe bus in the way into the office this morning was " I'm not going to get any cake" as at my old place they always had a cake sale.

Needn't have worried about that when I got to the office they had cake, lots of cake, lots and lots and lots of cake. Well you get the idea. Of course with it always being so busy the only real charge you got to eat anything was during your breaks, so they tended to be groups of people chowing down on cake as fast as possible.

the other thing I didn't realise was that there was a theme for the dress down day which was " Fame" the original not the remake. Most people came in 'regular' dress down clothes but some people took to the fame theme with relish which meant it was difficult to know where to look sometimes.

Plus it did mean I was starting to feel distinctly overdressed which is quite a weird thing to feel on a dress down day!

I wonder what the theme will be for the next big charity dress down day which will probably be red nose day. Why Saxon? I hear all/some/none of you cry why are you concerned with that as that's months away and your only there till Christmas. Well not anymore. They have decided to offer me a permanant postion there and I decided to accept the offer. So I am now officially permantly back in employment.

I think that it's a certain yah me! moment don't cha think?

Anyway,

Later folks.

4 comments:

Scully said...

Congrats on the new job!

anne said...

Thats great news, well done!

drat said...

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLL DONE!!!!!!!!!


you must have made a good impression! 10 out of 10 for Saxons amazingness!!!


Look what you can do with optimism!!!!!!

Saxon said...

thank you for all your congrats folks.