Sunday, April 19, 2009

Stalemate

As Grumpy has gone and sprained his ankle it means he can't take Owen out for walks right now. So I have to do it and unfortunatly despite my best hopes Owen has no respect for what time it is and when he wants to go out it's usually much earlier then we would like.

Which is why I found myself much earlier then I would like taking Owen for a walk over the fields this morning. Still the cold air helped me wake up quickly and as I would have to get ready for church I wasn't planning on going too far. However Owen was in one of his moods this morning and proved to be difficult right from the off, he keeps jerking on the lead which started to really hurt my hand plus he decided he was in no mood to do any 'business' while we were out. In fact he ran into the middle of the field and just sat there looking at me as if to say " Na, na, nah, na, na I'm not going to co-operate". I'm sure if anyone had been around at that point they would have had no illusions as to who was in charge.

After twenty minutes of this non-coperation I had no choice but to take him home which proved to be a challenge all in it's self as he kept jerking on the lead all the way and for a dog his size he has a lot of power. By the time I got back to the house my hand was feeling very raw and stinging and I was not in a good mood. This mood was not helped by Owen bolting as soon as we had got into the house, he rushed up stairs without waiting for me to take the lead or harness off and took a flying leap onto Grumpys bed. Fortunatly he didn't land anywhere near his ankle otherwise the end results probably would have been painful.

I didn't have to get to Church quite as early as usual as the photocopier has finally given up and broken for good. This means that until a new one arrives in a couple of weeks the bulletins are on a hiatus.

I had my interview with a member of the bishopric for my institute advanced diploma so that's now all sorted. It will mean I'm going to have to get up again in front of lots of people but I guess I'll have to get used to that. I also got my form signed for this years national YSA convention at the same time. Well it saved me having to have another interview in a couple of weeks as I want to make sure I get the reduced price again. It already looks like hardly anyone from Leicester will be going again but I had a good time last year so I'll give it another go. As the saying goes nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Apparently the theme of this years conference is Be thou an example.

Well I've read one of the four books I have to read while I'm off this week, so three to go. I might actually be able to do some reading in the garden as it's supposed to be sunny for a fair chunk of this week. I don't know what it is but I do seem to be lucking out when it comes to weather and the time I take off so far this year. The last time I took some time off it snowed so I avoided having to drive in snow and ice and this time it looks like it's going to be sunny.

Anyway,

Later folks!

No comments: