Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Boss man

I mentioned recently that I had got yet another new calling which bought my total to four. Well now it's back to three as my new calling is now official as it were. So for those of you who didn't know, weren't there tonight or couldn't wait for me to say and decided to get 'spoilers', my new calling is.....

Institute Class president.

Which I know probably hasn't been worth the big build up but c'est la vie I guess:-)

So this means as well as being Institute Class president I am Ward bulletin co-ordinator and Elders Quorum Secretary.

Well things seemed to go okay this evening. I was a bit stuck for an activity afterwards but I decided that the old ones were the best and went with the Choclate game. Which did cause a bit of confusion as in total I think there were three different name that people knew the game by.

For anyone who isn't aware ( and I think this is more likely to be my US readers) the choclate game starts with all fo the participants in a circle. In the centre is a bar of Choclate with a knife and folk, a pair of gloves, a scarf and a hat. Going round a circle each person throws a dice, the first person to get a six puts the hat, scarf and gloves on and can only cut and eat the choclate with the knife and folk. They can't use their hands. Whilst they start trying to eat using the knife and folk whislt wearing gloves, the other people continue to roll the dice. As soon as the next person rolls a six they take the scarf, hat and gloves off the person in the middle, put them on and try to cut and eat as much choclate as they can. And this goes on until it's all gone. The participants must roll the dice as quickly as possible as they want to get the person in the middle out before they eat too much choclate and quite often the next person will roll a six whilst the last person is still putting on the hat, gloves etc. It can be a really, really fun game especially when you have some nice choclate.

Work will be interesting tomorrow as in a break from the norm our whole team will be attending a whole day training sesson. Apparently a lot of the training will be based around the results of that personality test we did a few weeks ago and as I haven't done a lot of training like that before I'll be interested to see how things go.

anyway,

Later folks!

No comments: