Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Certainly a d'uh moment

I was worried that my computer might have started to go wrong at work this morning as it started to do all sorts of weird things. Randomly moving between emails, documents, even web pages. It took an stupidly long time for the penny to drop as to what was going on. My new mouse had two buttons recessed on either side which some how I had failed to notice. So when I had been moving the mouse I had also been accidentally clicking these buttons at the same time.


D'oh!!


Traffic was still as heavy as ever although there wasn't any rain which was a step up from yesterday I suppose.

As you can imagine all of the newspapers have been full of news about this swine flu thing and they've not been exactly looking on the bright side of things. But then again I'm sure no one would want to hear about the best case scenario as that doesn't exactly sell a lot of newspapers. It is odd how people seem to prefer reading bad news rather then good.

Now I could read every story about this disease and learn all of the gory details but it would probably only frighten me to the extent that I would not want to go outside and I would want to go and hide under a desk but I don't have a desk that I could hide under at home so I would have to hide under my desk at work and I'm sure the boss won't like that as I wouldn't be able to type without looking at the screen although some of my conversations might end up making a awful lot more sense and heck I'm sure I had a point when I went off on this ramble :-)

Well institute starts again tomorrow for the summer course. It should be interesting even if it is a bit short at only seven weeks long. We also have to go on a trip to church historical sites up near Preston in order to complete the course which should be fun as I think the last time I did this course I missed that trip.

anyway,

Later folks!

2 comments:

Nemesis said...

I think Brother H took me and a couple of other Study Abroad students on that trip, um, nearly 10 years ago. I have pictures of me and RH looking like wee babies.

Saxon said...

It probably was the same trip.

I'll probably post some photos once we've been so you will be able to let me know :-)