Monday, April 27, 2009

Back into it

Well with the blare of the alarm I woke up realising that yes 7am does still exist and yes I was indeed going to have to get up.

Still for a Monday morning I was feeling surprisingly full of energy even with it raining quite hard at that point. I also remembered whilst making Breakfast to keep an eye on Owen who had come downstairs to see what was going on. Grumpy is so used to Owen following him everywhere when he went upstairs to get something yesterday morning he thought Owen would follow him and so didn't think to push his breakfast further back on the work top. Too late he realised that Owen hadn't followed him and rushed downstairs to find Owen halfway through the mushrooms after finishing off the bacon.

So Owen, really not in Grumpys good books right now.

The drive into work was quite long as of course as all the schools are back from the Easter holidays. So it was a constant journey of stop, start, stop, start, stop, start..... Well you get the idea.

I got into work to find a couple of changes as I had been given a new keyboard and mouse, which despite the fact that all keyboards and mouse's or would that be mice I'm never sure are basically, feels a little odd. Well I suppose I'll get used to it soon enough. It had also found that my monitor hadn't been running on the optimal resolution so they had helpfully reset it. However this did make me feel like I had gone boz eyed for a little while whilst I got used to the new display. I'm not sure what resolution the screen had been on but it must have been as far from the optimal resolution as it could have been out.

Well asides from that I managed to get caught up with everything by the end of the day so I was feeling quite pleased with myself as it means I don't have anything outstanding to deal with. Plus I got some good news that some new books will be arriving in this week and it's always fun when they arrive.

Whilst driving home I heard that new Britney spears song for the first time on the radio. I had heard that there was some outcry over the song but I hadn't heard what the exact problem was. So I sitting there wondering who this girl Amy was she was searching for and why was she searching for her and maybe the outcry was about the name Amy and maybe it was used as a term for something else. One mile later whilst trying to get through another load of traffic the penny finally dropped when I realised what the chorus was spelling out. D'oh!

We had family home evening for the YSA this evening. Athena was teaching and although she was nervous she did teach a really good lesson. I think it was really brave of her to agree to teach a lesson as if I was in her shoes as a relatively new convert I don't think I would have been brave enough to teach a lesson to YSA who had basically been church members all of their lives.

I've also just been trolling through some of my old links in my favourites list and I found the link for LDS Linkup. Which was basically the place all the cool YSA kids used to hang out before Facebook came on the scene. It was quite telling to see how far it had fallen out of favour as it were as most peoples status showed that they had only been active at some point in the last 12 months or longer!

Anyway,

Later folks!

No comments: