Saturday, April 04, 2009

Bright Sun, Clear Skies

Well theres nothing like waking up on a Saturday morning after having a nice lie in with the knowledge that you don't have to go to work and the day is all yours. The fact that I woke up to find clear blue skies and the sun shining made it all the better.

Loughborough was surprisingly quiet today considering it was 'pay day' weekend as it were. Still on the plus side it did mean that I was able to get round all of the shops that I needed to fairly quickly.

We got home from town to find Owen lying on his back in the lounge window looking as though he was sunbathing. As we walked past the window to the back door he opened one eye and looked at us as if to say ' It's about time'.

We had problems when we took him for a walk as he suddenly took off and refused to come back. We're starting to become convinced that he was trained as a gun dog because as soon as he sniffs a pheasent he's off after the thing. Not that he would probably know what to do if he ever caught one mind you. We had a heart stopping moment when we thought he was going to run onto the road but fortunatly the bird he was chasing changed course and came back towards us. Not that he actually did come back to us he simply ran by and it took nearly ten minutes to finally herd him back towards Grumpy who was able to catch him and put the lead on.

Primeval was okay, it's still not quite there yet. The 'baddy' seems to have fallen into using one of the main movie bad guy cliches. Come up with a ridiculous planthat takes ages to carry out giving the good guys the maximum amount of time to stop it.

Now when it comes to certain things my memory is usually very good, like the plot of nearly every book my company has ever written. However when it comes to other stuff my memory can be quite bad, like where did I just put my pen. This is a roundabout way of saying that I've got a problem with facebook at the moment as I've recieved a friend request from somebody but I really don't know who he is. Now I'm fairly sure I know him and he's not some random person but as to where I know him from I have no idea. Not that this is the first time this has happened, I was in a supermarket once and somebody came up and starting talking to me, it was only half an hour later on the way home that I finally remembered who he was and that he used to be in one of my school classes.

It's something I've never been quite able to figure out, why do I have seemingly photographic selective memory.

I was going to finish with a bad joke about memory loss there but I won't :-)

Maybe I'm maturing in my old age.

Later folks!

No comments: