Saturday, April 25, 2009

850

Well according to Blogger this is my 850 post. Which to be honest is a quite scary number as it shows just how long it's been since I first started. Doesn't time fly when you ramble on :-)

Today was slightly different to usual because as Grumpy was going to be out all day we had to do our shopping yesterday which meant I didn't have to do it today. It did mean that I had to get up very early though to take him into Leicester.

Now I can handle going to the stake centre as it's on the outskirts of Leicester so I don't have to go anywhere near the centre of Leicester which has one of the most confusing traffic systems I have ever seen. Of course as Grumpy needed to go to the train station I kinda couldn't avoid it. It was the first time I've ever been to Leicester train station (by driving) and lets just say after seeing the parking 'facilities' they have there I will never complain about the parking t Loughborough train station again.

Due to the awkwardness of the one way systems around Leicester city centre I decided to go the 'long way home' by going to the motorway then coming back that way. However this did take me past Borders and it opens early and this is basically a long winded way of saying I couldn't resist the temptation of making a quick stop to get some books.

The rest of the day was fairly quiet asides from having to deal with Owen who started to get really unsettled by early afternoon when he realised Dad wasn't going to be back anytime soon.

anyway, Church tomorrow, then back to work on Monday.

Later folks!

No comments: