Thursday, April 16, 2009

I think I missed the point

The traffic was still very light today, so I got into work nice and quickly. Of course this won't last as the kids will be back to school as of next week but at least the summer holidays are around the corner which usally means almost three months of nice clear roads.

Somebody found a link today to a video about a place in the USA called the heartbreak grill. Now I watch Ramsays kitchen nightmares and I have to admit even the food in the very worst of the resturants did not make me feel as quesy as the food this place serves. Apparenly this resturant sells food which is as unhealthy as it can get. For example the burgers they serve go by the names such as the " Triple bypass" and the " Quadruple bypass" which contains a mere 8000, that's right 8000 calories. This place also doesn't have a salad bar, it has a all you can eat french frie bar where the fries are fried in pure lard. All I can say is ugggghhhhhh. They showed a reporter eating one of these quadruple bypass burgers which seem to have equal amounts of cheese and fat flowing off it. He really did not look well once he had finished.

But that wasn't all, anyone who weighs more then 350lbs eats for free, and the food is served by 'nurses'. Now I say 'nurses' as I've never seen any real nurses wear uniforms like that. For a start the uniforms were totally not practical but then again by saying that I guess I missed the whole point of the 'nurses' uniform :-)

I was glad I had eat my lunch by that point otherwise I don't think I would have been able to after seeing that 'food'.

It was once again a busy day but it was also a lot of fun. We also had some new books arrive including a new audio book which strangly enough I'm listening to while I'm typing this post. It's very good and it's also odd as I'm more used to reading books then listening to them.

anyway,

Later folks!

No comments: