Monday, April 13, 2009

Knowing when to stop

I have just watched the new Red Dwarf three part special and I am not impressed at all. It just seemed to be a mismash of ideas they've previously used, sci-fi cliches that have been done before and done much better by other series and it ended with what seemed like a blatent attempt to try and get the show recommisioned. The only really amusing thing I found was when a hologram which was trying to replace Rimmer told him she had no problem in killing him because as a Hologram he was already dead, so he took her at her word and promptly pushed her under a bus.


At least the Doctor Who special was good. However apparently it is also coming under a fire as the character who Michelle Ryan plays ( and I'm trying to be as vague as possible so not to spoil anything for scully) has been accused of not being a good enough role model to be a companion to Doctor as she may encourage children to take up her 'profession'.

That banging sound is me hitting my head on the desk wondering what's going wrong with the world.

I've also just watching the last episode of primeval again and I'm still frankly baffled at what happened. I'm starting to lean towards the idea that this may be the death knell for show. Especially as the bad guy seems to have learnt her trade from Doctor evil with ridiculously complicated plans that serve no purpose except to give the good guys the maximum amount of time to foil her. The other problem is that three series in and we're still no closer to understanding what her motivation is or what's she up to. The mystery only goes so far.

While we're on the subject of sci-fi TV, it seems that Demons will not be renewed for a second series which to be honest I was half expecting and Terminator the Sarah connor chronicles also seems destined to not be renewed which is annoying as it was finally getting good.

It's been a quiet day today as I've been mainly taking it easy by being as busy as possible doing nothing :-) Sad I know but a day off is a day off whether it's actual holiday or a 'freebie bank holiday'

Still it's back to work tomorrow which should be interesting as we'll have a lot to discuss about the weekend events.

Anyway,

Later folks

No comments: