Sunday, April 12, 2009

And that makes four

I had to get up extra early this morning as not only did I have to get to church to do the bulletins, I aso had to fill in the HT figures on the computer, plus have a interview with someone from the stake high council which was a little worrying when I first got the phone call as I couldn't think why somebody from the stake high council would want to speak to me. Grumpy was very helpful and suggested that maybe they thought I had done something naughty. Which made me start to think of potential excuses in case they had made this mistake, " It wasn't me it was the one armed man" or alternativly " It wasn't me, it was bigger boys who ran away and got eaten by wolves which is why you don't see them :-)"

The filling in the figures on the computer turned out to be the easy part. I wasn't able to print off any bulletins as they photocopier seems to have well and truly died now. On the plus side however the bishopric have finally admitted that the photocopier does need replacing and we will be getting a new one. Hopefully not as tempermental as the old one but I guess we shall see.

The time for the interview came around and fortunatly Grumpy was quite wrong ( as I had already guessed mind you so I didn't need any excuses). I now have a stake calling which means that I now have four callings although I guess I will shortly be released from one. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to say publically as it were what the new oone is yet so i will err on the side of caution and refrain from doing so for the time being.

Sunday school was interesting as we've just had a member of the ward return from his mission so this was his first Sunday back. It was also scary in the sense of " He can't be back already, he only went the other week not two years ago, time can't be moving that fast can it?"

I was set apart after church for my new calling which was funny as the high council mans young son was sitting in the room and as soon as we had finished immediatly bounded up to his Dad with a large bag of sweets asking him to open them with a look on his face that seemed to say " You've done that, now do the important stuff :-)"

It was nice after church as I started talking with some of the YSA and social joined in as well. Things are starting to improve there which I'm very glad about as I've really missed talking to her. It's still not as it used to be but hopefully things will get better. I can't remember how exactly it came up but one of the girls related that she thought a lot of guys in the YSA were 'players' and were simply getting as any dates as possible ( if it were only that simple, wait, blast said that out loud :-) She also related how one guy she knew said he was worried about getting married as he was afraid that the girl he married might put weight on after they got married and then what would he do. All I could think to ask at this point was just how badly she beat this guy when he voiced this stupid opinon and if she had to get rid of a body.

Despite resolving to try and so something constructive this afternoon I ended up falling asleep and spend most of the afternoon snoozing. I'm guessing the long day yesterday caught up with me. I know that sounds sad but hey what can I say? I work in a office all day, I'm not used to being on my feet for that long.

Anyway, no work tomorrow as it's a bank holiday. So I think I'm just going to sit back, relax and make the most of it.

Later folks!

2 comments:

anne said...

I will be interested to hear what your new calling is.

Saxon said...

it certainly is a interesting one. If I remember correctly I should be able to say next week.