Thursday, April 23, 2009

Almost done

Well the weather wasn't quite as good this morning as it has been the rest of this week but I didn't mind to be honest. All it needs to do is to hold off for one more day and I'll be happy.

Grumpy and I went into Derby today for well no particular reason whatsoever, it just seemed like something different to do for a change. We went to the big shopping centre they now have in the town centre there which is just awesome. The main problem I had was resisting the temptation of all of the gadgets shops they have and all of the shiny gizmos which I could have bought but didn't really need.

On the plus side however they do have a HMV which meant I was finally able to use a gift card I had gotten for Christmas. Not being in a massively original mood I decided to buy myself the CD Now 72. Which for those of you not in the know or just don't care, the Now albums are usually released twice a year and contain a selection of music from the charts. Most of them usually top ten hits. I started collecting this series way back with Now 28 ( which was on tape!) and it's also longer ago then I care to remember but I ddidn't really start collecting the series on a regular basis until Now 48 and if I remember correctly I switched to CD's with Now 50.

and that's probably a whole lot of random information that you didn't want to know but oh well :-)

We also decided to go out for Tea to the Harvester resturaunt in Loughborough for a change. We used to go there a lot but stopped when the quality of the food started to go down and the prices went up. We were pleased to find that this trend has been reversed and it's back to the high quality of food it used to have. It was so good that Grumpy is now sitting on the settee complaining he is FUFTB, which is a old family saying that means Full Up and Fit To Burst.

Well I have one more day of my time off to go and I have to admit I've been throughly enjoying myself this week. Well asides from the challenge of having to take Owen for a walk everyday. Grumpys foot seems to be all but healed now so he's going to have to get used to walking him again. I'm sure however if Owen does play up once Grumpy has to start walking him again next week I'm get the blame for it :-)

anyway,

Later folks!

No comments: