Wednesday, April 08, 2009

In a Jam

Now as annoying as traffic jams can be I'm okay with the ones which actually have a reason behind them, like being caused by roadworks or a accident. The Jams that I'm not okay with are ones caused by people slowing down to gawk at accidents " Yes it's a car accident, their car has gong bang but hurry along now as your day really will not suffer with out you having good long look at the wreckage" and the traffic jams that just seem to start for no reason. I was faced with the later on the way into work and got stuck in a jam that lasted nearly 20 minutes before it suddenly just stopped.

Still the weathers been really nice all day and it's amazing what blue skies and bright sunshine can do to improve your mood.

Work was good, we've done our final few bits of planning for the weekend. All we have to do now is to set everything up tomorrow ( as it's good Friday the office will be closed so we're going to have to get it done in advance).

The Funniest moment of the day came when I had to politiely point out to someone who had come into our office from another department that the reason he couldn't photocopy his documents was that he was trying to use the printer instead of the photocopier.

My 'd'oh moment of the day, came when I was carrying a rather large box into the office. I quickly asked someone " Where do you want this?" his response was " what is it?" leaving me to realise that maybe rather then asking where did he want something put, then telling him what it was, I should have told him what it was before asking where he want it put. As I said " D'oh!"

I've been having a look at the TV for this coming weekend and it's well rather annoying, because there's a new three parter of Red Dwarf on one of the digital channels, the first is on Friday at the same time as NCIS, on the Saturday Primeval is on at the same time as Robin hood and Doctor Who, the 2nd part of Red Dwarf is on at the same time as CSI and on Sunday the last aprt fo Red Dwarf will be on at the same time as Lewis. Based on the likelyhood of Grumpy playing the " It's my TV so I get to choose" card I have a feeling I'm going to have to wait for the DVD of Red Dwarf.

Anyway,

Later folks!

2 comments:

drat said...

Get yourself a V+ or Sky+ box! you'll never look back!

or, failing that, get your dad to watch stuff on the iplayer.....


OR even better, hold a "smeg head" party where you invite a few other dwarf-er guys round to watch it, and dress up as the different characters!! that way your dad cant say no! I'd go as talkie-toaster!!!

If in doubt just wear a black t-shirt and go as holly!!!!

Saxon said...

he can't watch stuff on iplayer, it doesn't have sub titles