Friday, April 10, 2009

Funny Friday

Well it was nice to wake up by myself this morning rather then being woke up by the strident blare of my alarm clock. However what wasn't so nice was the weather which has remained grey and miserable all day.

As I'm working at a event tomorrow we went into do out shopping in Loughborough today and it was very odd as I didn't have to buy a paper and the market wasn't on so the whole of the central market place was empty. Well almost empty as there was some church putting on some sort of service on a stage that had been set up right in the middle of the square.

Some shops were open as it was good Friday and some weren't, there didn't seem to be much of a pattern to who was and wasn't open. Well asides from the banks although I noticed that according to the sign outside of my bank it is no longer a bank rather a Private personel banking and business centre. Quite why there trying to make a bank so more impressive by giving it a long winded technical name I have no idea.

We decided to try Pizza hut for lunch but it was only when we go in and sat down that we found out that they weren't doing the buffet deal as it was a bank holiday. We just decided to stay as we were already there.

I almost burst out laughing as the, shall we say forthrightness of a child sitting on the table next to us. He had got under their table and his Dad looked under to ask what he was doing. The Dad then said it looked like fun and did the lad think he could join in. The Lad replied that he didn't think the Dad could fit and when the Dad asked was it was because he was too tall the lad responded bluntly that no it was because he was too fat.

well it's our big event tomorrow which should be a lot of fun. Seeing as I do get a bit paranoid about things I'll probably be mentally checking everything off the list again and again until the doors open, still paranoria asides I'm sure it's going to be great.

Later folks!

No comments: