Wednesday, April 22, 2009

So near yet so far

Well it was budget day in the UK, which is basically when the government tells us how their planning to spend all of the money that take from us in taxes and how much more they will take from us next year. Yes, yes cynical I know. The only usual saving grace is that as I don't smoke or drink I don't have to worry about those duty rises.

That does however leave me with fuel duty which is going up once again in September by 2 pence a litre. I did also notice that they haven't said anything about what will happen when the VAT goes back up in December because when they cutit last december they increased the fuel duty to offset the loss from the VAT. Now some people reckon that the fuel duty will be cut when they put the VAT back up but the cynic in me says 'Keep dreaming'.

The one thing I was really interested in asides from noting the monumental pit the government has managed to get us into debt wise was that they are offering £2000 off a new car for anyone with a car that is ten years or older and scraps it. However this offer only goes onto March which means my trusty old KA is not quite old enough to be able to come under this scheme darn it!

Oh well I suppose as the saying sort of goes, if I didn't have it to begin with I shouldn't miss it when it's gone.

It was yet another beautiful day today, in case you haven't guessed this yet I am really enjoying this week off, even if my hands are becoming steadily more battered by taking Owen out for walks every day. Well at the very least it gets me out of the house I suppose.

Later folks!

No comments: