Thursday, April 30, 2009

Making a play for Top Dog?

We are starting to wonder if Owen has some evil plan to try and do away with Grumpy as not only did he drag him into a pothole which lead to Grumpy spraining his ankle, he managed to do it again! Fortunatly this time Grumpy didn't cause himself any more injuries asides from getting a lot of scrapes up his leg.

Owen has also started to leave his favourite toy at the top of the stairs during the middle of the night, so each morning we have to remember to look out for it.

Who knows? Maybe we're wrong and if we have nothing to fear or maybe Grumpy should look out if Owen trys to take him past any grassy knolls :-)

It was a interesting day doing training today and I really enjoyed it as it gave me a lot to think about. One of the training exercises we had to do involved trying to describe a object without using any indepth descriptions of it. So we couldn't say it's shape, usage etc. I sucked at this scenario but some others were quite good. One of the best lines however came from someone who was trying to describe a desk, one of the lines he came up to describe it was that it was like a table. At which point me and one of the other people in the room got a immense fit of the giggles.

The main exercise we had to do involved problem solving and how we communicated as a group. No problem, asides from the fact that we were being videotaped. Now as long time readers know I take a lot of photos as I really really don't like having my picture taken. I'm one of these people who even if the best photo in the world ever was taken of me I would still hate it and think I looked awful. So the only thing I like less then that is being videoed and hearing the sound of my own voice as it were.

So as you can imagine when we had to watch the video back to anaylise things I near enough started squirming with embrassment before the video had even started.

Still after it had started and my amateur dramatics asides once I had watched a few minutes I started to relax and realise maybe it wasn't that bad and found it interesting to watch myself from the outside as it were. Especially as midway through the exercise I basically solved the problem. However to get to that point I was doing a lot of internal thinking and I found it oh so amusing to watch myself just sit there for nearly three minutes not moving thinking about the problem. Now you know that moment in cartoons when somebody has an idea and the lightbulb appears above their head well you could see the moment when I solved the problem on the tape that clearly. It was so obivous the moment inspiration struck even I half expected to see a lightbulb suddenly appear.

We went to a lecture at Loughborough uni this evening and yes Drat it was the Pixar lecture and no unfortunatly I couldn't take any photos. It was a really, really good lecture although I did come out with a inexpeciable urge to go any buy some Pixar DVD's. Maybe he slipped some subliminal messages into his presention somewhere, who knows?

Well I'm taking Grumpys car to work tomorrow as on the way home one of my front wipers started to spilt quite badly. So I don't want to take the risk that it would spilt whilst I was driving to work.

And tomorrow evening we'll be off to the cinema to see the new wolverine movie.

I can't wait!

Later folks

4 comments:

Scully said...

I already have my ticket for Wolverine on Saturday. Cannot WAIT!

drat said...

dude, dude dude!!! you NEED to upload your video to youtube!!!!

hee hee!!

you shouldnt worry too much about photos, since one of the best things to do with photos is not look at them for 10 years and then pull them out and laugh at yourself/your friends and say "how did i ever have that hair cut" or "why did i think that shirt looked good"

hee heee its all fun!

Saxon said...

It's good I think you'll enjoy it Scully

Saxon said...

something tells me the training department would not be inclined to aquist to my request to put a training video on youtube.