Friday, April 17, 2009

I can't Dance, I can't drum or play the guitar very well either

I had one of those moments this morning that most people know all too well. That argument with that little voice in your heard that say " Just five more minutes, just lie here for five more minutes" . This particular argument always worries me as I'm sure one of these days I will decide to listen to that voice, go back to sleep and find that five minutes has turned into two hours and I would have some awkward explaining to do at work as I don't think the explanation I listened to the voice in my head would would cut much ice with the boss. It would possibly more likely end with my getting a all expenses trip to a room with soft walls and soft food but I guess I digress :-)

The trip into work was once again extremly fast, I have the feeling I'm going to really miss those clear roads when I go back to work in a weeks time, as I am now on Holiday for one week. Ahhh, bliss. However before I got to the fun part I had to make sure that I had everything cleared as I didn't want to leave anthing for anyone else to have to deal with. Fortunatly I managed to get everything cleared, or at least as certain as I can be. There's always the possibility that irony might decide to sneak in there but there's not a lot I can do about that now.

Still I have a week to myself now and I've also been able to get hold of some nice books to read as well. I have five in total which should be enough to last the week even for me :-)

In the news today apparently eight police officers filled in their religion as 'Jedi' in some voluntary diversity forms that they had been asked to fill in. Me thinks they might not have been taking the forms totally seriously.

We had our first 'YSA get together' probably not the official title and not terribily orginal I know but it's late and me brain no workee good at mo :-) The aim seems to be that we'll have one of these every Friday, whether or not this continues is anyone's guess right now. We're supposed to be going barn dancing next week ( oh good another chance to impress the girls with my lack of co-ordination) and the cinema the week after.

Tonight we were at the chapel and one of the girls had bought their nintendo Wii and set it up using a projector to show the image on the side of the cultural hall. We tried guitar hero and I managed to firmly prove that I can't drum or play the guitar ( they ended up finally setting the guitar on beginner that wasn't embrassing in the slightist oh no..) so I think this might be a good indication that off my many talents none of them fall in a musical area. We also tried Wii sports and I also proved that whether it's real or virtual my bowling skills also suck as well.

Well on the plus side at least it was a very fun evening and I still gave everything a go. I have been considering getting a nintendo Wii but I always imagine the havoc which would result if I tried playing with Owen in the house. He's probably want to join in!

Social did also put forward a very interesting theory as we were talking about how a baptism has had to be put back due to a investigator struggling with a couple of things. The theory that social put forward was that it's obivous why a lot of church members are overweight, as we don't smoke, we don't drink and we don't do drugs so what does that leave us to help deal with stress? Why food of course?

It's probably truer then most people would want to admit :-)

anyway,

Later folks

No comments: