Thursday, April 10, 2008

Nice and new

I do a lot of reading of manuscripts for work for one of our ranges. A heck of a lot in fact so when a book from this range turns up and I haven't rad it, it's actually a quite nice surprise. As happened today when a new book from one of my favourite authors arrived from the printers. There's something very satisfying at being the first one to get my hands on the samples from the printer and dish them out to everyone, as everyone likes to get nice new books. Especially when they are free.

The stand I had to run today, well for the whole two hours I think I had about 12 visitors. So I spent most of time standing there like a lemon. Well on the plus side if there's ever a competition for lemon impersonations I'll probably do quite well.

Great line in the big bang theory last night about a model one of the characters had of a city from superman
" Well it's cooler when Girls don't look at it"
a line I'm sure all geeks can relate to.

We had all of the missing fence panels replaced today. Grumpy had decided to get them all done as apparently another couple of them were damaged. I just hope he's not expecting me to paint them.

anyway, tune in tomorrow folks, same geek life, same geek station.

No comments: