Saturday, April 05, 2008

well that was certainly unexpected

Well in the age of the internet it is getting harder and harder to keep secrets about films and TV. So it's a surprise when secrets are kept as you were unexpecting them( I know that what makes them secrets but you know what I mean) . Both torchwood and doctor who had several surprises which were very shocking!

I'll be careful in what I say just in case people haven't seen the last episode of torchwood yet. Suffice to say it's very good and two things happen which are very sad and moving and if you are a fan of the show and don't feel just a bit teary you must have a heart of stone.

Doctor who tonight. Was also very good.The new companion Donna is much better then she was when she was in the Christmas special. Still a tad annoying in places but not as bad as I was fearing. The twenty or so minutes when her and the Doctor keep missing each other was quite funny, and the aliens were cute if not a little disturbing. You'll understand that when you watch it. But the main surprise is well, Donna leaves the keys to her Mum's car somewhere and ask's someone to point out to her mum where they are and your not going to be expecting who it is she asks. I know Scully you said you don't mind spoilers but trust me I wouldn't wnat to spoil the surprise for this one.

Right geeky TV moments aside, what else happened today? Well the weather is very much spring weather at the moment going from cloudy, to clear skies, to wind, to rain, back to clear blue skies and sunshine back to cloud again. I'd like to see any weathermen claim they were expecting weather that crazy! Shopping was alright, nothing out of the ordinary mind you. Just the usual food shopping and wandering round the shops to see if there was anything interesting in the way of books or DVDs which have just been released and well there wasn't anything.

I spent a large part of the afternoon playing a new computer game, which I managed to blag a free copy of as it's based on our games. It's very fun and it's nice to do something pointless for a while, I've forgotten how relaxing it can be.

Anyway, Tune in tomorrow, same geek life, same geek station.

No comments: