Tuesday, April 08, 2008

It's all gone craazzyyyy

How's this for a contradiction. I was held up ten minutes this morning having to scrap the ice off my car so I could see where I'm going. Apparently seeing where your going is a useful skill when driving but I digress :-) But I also had to find my sunglasses out as there was a blue sky and a very bright sun!

Freaking spring weather.

I got to work to find that the paint fumes from the wall were worse then yesterday! So bad in fact, the design team asked for all of the windows to be opened. Obivousily they decided that sitting at their desks freezing cold was the lesser of two evils. Fortuantely it only took a hour for the fumes to clear, then we could shut the windows.

The swap shop at work was interesting. Mainly because I somehow came back with twice as much as I took. Still not totally sure how that happened. Grumpy was not impressed! Oh well I'll keep it out the way till he goes off to prague next week.

I've also got a new project to keep me busy at work. It's time for me to put my money as it were, where my mouth is..... I might be in trouble here :-)

The weather hadn't decided to stop playing up for the day as it started to rain late afternoon. So that's ice, bright sunshine and rain all in one day. It was that really annoying kind of rain which meant there was lots of surface water, which in turn seemed to bring out all of the lunatic drivers, who think that bad driving conditions mean that should drive like complete muppets! Adding to the general fun of the day was the kids are now back at school which meant a lot more traffic on the roads, so a lot of sitting in traffic jams. sigh roll on summer holidays.

On the plus side I have found the cassette I was looking for ( Yes I still have a cassette player in my car), which has some great songs to help wake me up in the morning and get me going for the day ahead. Especially the song Preliator from Globus. Which is Definately my "call to arms" music/song.

Well got to sign off for today. Grumpy needs me to help with some computer stuff and then I've got to go and play Taxi, as Engineseer needs a lift back from the train station.

Tune in tomorrow geek fans, same geek life, same geek station.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ka's are awesome dude. I even still have mine (its been hidden away on a drive for 8 months - out of sight, out of mind - except how could i ever forgot my first car. My first Ka) but it started first time, and that means the tape player just keeps on going.

Yeah this is totally awesome dude.

WHo am I? Can you guess?

Anonymous said...

TAPES!!!! TAPES!!!!!!
what are you doing to yourself man!!!

get down to halfords and get an mp3 cd player. £99 tops. bargain.

Unknown said...

Yeah, but if you don't have Spring, you never get summer.

And, I am with drat about the cassette tapes...I sitll have a cassetter player in my old van too, but I NEVER use it ... the radio just feels so much more modern.

Anonymous said...

Stick with the tapes dude! They rock.

Dont be fooled by these others pretending that tapes are all the rage and that 'everyone has one'. They dont. Gr.

Anonymous said...

Where are you Chris? Where is today's installment? It's nearly the end of the day. :(

Saxon said...

I'm fairly certain I know who you are anonymouse. Are you Yummy by any chance?

Saxon said...

If I had the money Drat I would but at the moment I don't.

Saxon said...

the radio is okay but somedays they have a really crummy selection of music on Alice so it's nice to listen to some thing I want too.

Saxon said...

I will stick with Tapes Anonymous, don't have much choice at the moment..

Saxon said...

The latest post has just gone up.

Anonymous said...

They had a radio station called Radio Alice (said in an American accent of course) in san Francisco. DO they have an Alice Radio here also?

Tapes rule dude!!!!!!

Saxon said...

I don't know if they have a Alice radio in the Uk.

Anonymous said...

They do in America!

Saxon said...

I know, you said so in your previous comment.