Monday, April 14, 2008

It's been a looonngggg day

Mondays aren't my favourite day of the week and as todays Monday, I wasn't expecting it to be a great day. Especially as three quarters of the people in the office weren't in today. So again I was very much stuck with the deafening silence as the few who were in were wearing their headphones. There's just something about the quiet which makes the day seem a lot longer.

I also had a problem as due to a communication mishap somewhere along the line and I doubt we'll ever find our exactly where, we were not informed that there's a stock check this week which has severely complicated our altest round of pre orders. I'm sure to some of you, you do not have the slightist idea as to what I'm talking about. To put it simply, lots of extra work in a small period of time. Oh joy!

The weather was alternating between sunshine,cloudy and rain all day. Freaking Spring weather. Well lets just hope we keep the sun going into Summer unlike last year where the whole summer seemed to be rain, rain and more rain.

YSA Family home evening was fun tonight. It was just me, cordelia and Engineseer and Black Widow putting in the occasional appearence as he was busy upstairs talking to a girl ( on the phone I hasten to add) . Well at least someone's having luck in the romance department. As nobody else turned up we decided to have pizzia and watch a film and after great dicussion between standard movies and church films we decided on Shrek the third. Black Widow only came down near the end and wasn't too impressed to discover we had polished off the pizza. But he seemed happy enough once he got some crisps. Engineseer was talking about a airshow he was planning to go to in the summer and was thinking of inviting some others. The conversation went roughly on these lines

me: You never know I'm sure they'll be lots of girls at a airshow.
Cordelia: Yes I'm sure there will be, all standing round and looking up into the sky like this ( tilts her head up)
Black widow: Yes and while their looking up we can be looking down at their.....
Cordelia: Black widow! ( she said cutting him off) ( okay she didn't say that name but his actual name)
me: As long as he only looks once he'll be fun, look once your a man, look twice your not a Elder
Engineseer: It's true that's what we've been told....

As which point Cordelia looked at each of us and it looked like she was unsure of whether we were telling the truth or winding her up.

anyway folks, that's all for today,

tune in tomorrow, same geek life, same geek station...

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok! yay! Its uploaded! yay!!!!

Expect updates!

and also watch channel 5 news!

Anonymous said...

Do you know how hard it is to work out what your talking about. Coredlia and black widown and some engineer thats spelt weirdly

Why cant you just call them mother, father, brother, sister, aunty, uncle, cousin, niece, Pet dog, pet cat (are mormans alloweds pets?), beloved, best freind 1, best freind 2, best freind the traitor etc etc

It would make it so much easier.

I give up! Its to testing to the mind. I could even find black widow on the list. Gr.

And what were you stock taking at work? You should be grateful you are not jobless (but not homeless) like I!!!

Thats it.

Me

Saxon said...

I'll make sure I keep a regular eye on it Drat.

I will try to catch channel 5 news. Any particular time I need to try and catch it?

Saxon said...

Yummy,

Engineseer is spelt the way it is as it's a reference to a game that both he and I collect. It's kind of a injoke between us.

Black widow is on the list on the right he's just at the very bottom under the sub list " Whose who in the Engineseer household".

The stock check is for all of our products we currently sell. Which is basically books and merchandise at the moment.

I didn't know you didn't have a job Yummy I hope you find one soon.

I am aware that somepeople might find the names confusing which is why I put the list up on the right. I prefer it this way and most vistors to the site get it. I'm sorry that you find it confusing but I am not going to change it.

Are mormons alloweds pets?
of course we're allowed pets. I don't know why you thought we couldn't have them.

Anonymous said...

Chris...come on Dude! I cant wait forever every day for your new posting!

Saxon said...

Yummy I always make a post as soon as I can and I'm in the right frame of mind to do so. But sometimes after a long day it can take a while after I get home to feel in the right frame of mind. But I do post everyday and have managed to do so every day this year.

I choose to use a Pseudonym online rather then my real name. Again can I please ask you to respect that and not use my real name and instead use 'Saxon'. Thank you Yummy.

Anonymous said...

sorry dude! that was a genuine mistake. i think mother was speaking to me at the time about 'time team' which i am sure you are an avid fan of and therefor will instantly forgive me for my slip up.

apologies.

Saxon said...

no I don't watch time team

Anonymous said...

y?

Unknown said...

Is it true that because I read your comments so carefully that I now know your real name?

My first reaction to the post ... boys! They are all the same. It's all about the front view at this house too.

Second reaction, if everyone in the UK is as rude and blunt as Simon and your anonymous commenter it is no wonder that one of my favorite Englishman lacks enough self confidence.

I love you man, and if they don't like you, they can go elsewhere.

And a tip for anon.: you really have to WORK at being positive...it is something I have been working at A LOT lately, and it can be a fun challenge.

Saxon said...

because I'm not interested in it, that's why Yummy.

Saxon said...

That would be correct Alice, you do now know my real name thanks to Yummy letting the cat ouf of the bag as it were. Unless it's also another Pseudonym, he, he, he....

Well I suppose it goes along with the church being the same everywhere in the world. Men are also the same too :-)

you know I was sitting here for ages trying to work out who Simon was until the penny finally dropped!

Anonymous said...

Who's simon?

S A X O N (nearly put yr real name!) - i thought you were a historian dude! You should love time team. We could have had time team afternoons and watched it togethr (in seperate abodes) then chatted about it on MSN, that would have been so awesom.

Are you sure you dont like it? You can admit it. I wont think you are geeky. Nor will anyone else I am sure! :) Admit it dude!

If you dont I will start calling you dudette! :)

Anonymous said...

BTW you can just call me J C if you wish. I feel a bit silly being referred to as yummy. Its nice you think I am yummy though. I appreciate it alot. :)

Not sure why I thought mormons could not have pets. Think I read it a news paper some where that one was eaten by a mormon cult so they decided to disallow any future assosciation between animals and erm cult beings. :S Bit mean huh.

Saxon said...

I think Alice means simon as in Simon Cowell.

I am a Historian Yummy, but that doesn't mean I have to like every show or history thing out there. I am sure I don't like time team and quite why you think I would be bothered about people calling me geeky I have no idea. ( check the name of blog for one.)

Find if you want to call me dudette go ahead, it's not like I can stop you.

Saxon said...

for the last time Yummy/JC as you well know the only reason you have that nickname as you are well aware is because you, that's you not me chose it!

and our church is not a cult. What you probably heard of was a spin off 'sect' not the main church.

Anonymous said...

Gosh your so funny.

I love the way you actually respond to my dumb comments and take me seriosuly. You are very controlled in your old age. And I am glad I am safe knowing there will be no chairs flying at me.

Thank you SAXON! :)

PS -I did not choose my name. Otherwise I would have chosen J C, as that is my name! :)

Saxon said...

for the last time J.c as you now want to be known, I did not choose the nickname of Yummy for you. You choose the nickname. We were talking via MSN and when I asked what nickname you wanted you said Yummy. You choose it, not me.

I don't know what game your playing by trying to imply that I came up with that nickname and had motives for doing so, but it's not funny anymore. Please stop it!