Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Maybe it's the paint fumes

Well the office still reeked of paint. For the third day in a row. But on the plus side we were able to move the bookcases againist the walls finally to give the design team room. Of course now the darn things are moved it means someone has to go through them to clean them up and get rid of any excess books. Three guesses who that's going to be.

You'll have to excuse me in todays post. I've seen to have had one of those days where I've been thinking of lot of littles things so this post might seem a touch disjointed.

Engineseer is back in the country. I borrowed Grumpys car to go and get him from the station as I figured he would have rather large bags and for once one of my guesses was dead on. After one quick stop to get him some food from KFC for him and Black Widow it was time to head for home for him to collect his car and head back to his house to see what state Black widow and the Other one ( whose nickname is now the otherone as I can't think of a better one) had left it in. He's going to be busy for the next couple of weeks getting his uni project finished then he said that he will have a major party to celebrate it finishing and he said he would " Make sure I get invited to this one" we did make me wonder if that was a slip of the tongue or they have been having parties without inviting me. Hmmm, I guess that could be where all the ladies are as Engineseer and Black widow are grabbing them all or I'm just being paranoid. Of course it's only paranoria if no one's out to get me. At least I hope no one's out to get me.

I'm running a stand at work tomorrow as part of these birthday celebrations to tell people about what our department does. It will either go very well or I might just end up standing there like a lemon for two hours. Place your bets now folks!

In case you haven't noticed there are a couple of new additions to the whose who friends section on the right there. Drat as he's such a regular visitor and if he wants new codename is totally welcome to choose one and Yummy who is another person I knew at school, is great fun to talk to and was the only one to get back to me after my msn problems and tell me her details so I could add her to be my list so I can talk to someone via msn again. I could talk to other people if they actually paid attention to the email I send out on facebook, Engineseer and Cordelia looking at you, so looking at you right now :-)

I got home interested to see how the repair work had gone on the fence and got a big surprise instead. Most of the fence panels are gone. So that either means Grumpy has decided to get them all replaced or someone was really desperate for fence panels. I guess I'll find out when Grumpy gets home.

There were lots of confused people driving past work today. I'm sure they were confused by the large number of men washing the windows and not the large group of staff members flinging large inflatable hammers about in the car park.....

please don't ask.

If you haven't had a chance go and visit Rhonda's blog. It's very good and extremely funny at times. Also she name checked me the other day, which was nice.

Talking of good blogs, you should also try Alice's blog. Especially here series of articles on "English Education and Etiquette" which are very funny and you have any more suggestions for her I'm sure they'll be greatly received.

We were driving home from shopping a couple of Saturdays ago and noticed the chapel car park was full. Grumpy asked what was going on and when I said I didn't know he deadpanned that maybe there was another wedding on I hadn't been invited too. I simply gave him a look and he jokingly stated that I should try and get more in with the in crowd and I would get invited to more. I pointed out that it wasn't that big a deal if something was on and I hadn't been invited. If people had wanted me there I would have been invited. He simply smiled and said that I should look on the bright side and that if there was a wedding on it was one less person to invite to mine, but I did have to try and find a girl first. There followed a long period of akward silence in the car as Grumpy realised somewhat belately I might have not found that too funny. Well after all that it seems he was right as I noticed on facebook that someone has posted photos of M Y's wedding and it was posted the Monday after that Saturday. I don't know if she will be moving to the US but lets face it the odds are good that will happen.

oh I had to scrape the ice off the car again with a blazing sun and a blue sky. Crazy spring weather.

I've realised that I have now managed more posts so far this year then I managed for the whole of 2006.

Oh and really do wish news people would stop using the term Mormon in the headlines to describe the FLDS. A it's sensationalist and B some people don't know the difference between us and them. It's things like that which made the people studying GCSE history at the school I went to believe I could have many wifes! Well on the plus side at least they got the year the chruch stopped practising polygamy. They were out by 40 years yesterday.

anyway tune in tomorrow, same geek life, same geek channel.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

so, i'm on the friends list now am i? that's very genourous. I bet I can put £100 on who yummy is as well.

you said about the code name... well, in your first post you said it was something to do with history? i can understand the rat but the drat??!!! hee hee hee.

what is the true story behind my code name? i imagine under the circumstances it isnt so good, but now i get an official mention i may as well know.

Anonymous said...

Yah anonymous is me! Woooo, well Done Chris!

ANyway, I have asked Adam, and he denies being Drat! He is rubbish. Why not just admit it huh!

But I think we can see from his post that it is him!

Why am I called yummy huh? ;)

Rhonda said...

Well, first thank you for the mention in your post. Really funny? Heck, so are you!

About the Mormon and request, I am with you on that request. What a mess.

I am giggling over the name you gave "otherone". How original.

I wold love to meet all these characters from your blog. They all seem to have very entertaining personalities. Bring them on over to the States. We'll make room for ya.

Saxon said...

D rat I have been struggling to remember how I came up with the name but I suddenely remembered this morning. I'll email you to explain. I think I thought I was clever when I came up with it but in hindsight it probably wasn't that clever :-)

like me :-)

Saxon said...

anonymous or aka Yummy. I use a codename and give everyone else codenames for anonymity and people are more comfortable with me mentioning them if I don't use their own names.

Please try and use codenames in future when referring to people.

The reason your called Yummy as you well know is that you told me yourself that it was the codename you wanted me to use.

Saxon said...

I know Rhonda I am nothing but orginal. Honest :-)

You ought to be careful making offers like that. We might take you up on it :-)

Anonymous said...

cool saxon. facebook me with the full story. I imagine most of your code names are spur of the moment things and you never know who will become a regular character in the grumlings of a geek. and yeah, anomimity is important

Unknown said...

thanks for the shout out saxon, I need to get on top of another English Ed and Et...I have a great photo...I am just trying to come up with some material.

I hate it when they say Mormons in the headlines too...I can't tell you how many people here in TN, really think I am a polygamist. AHHH!

Anonymous said...

Fine! Gosh, you two don't have to be so mean. I just assumed it was for effect these codenames! :'(

You have made me feel sad now with your stern telling off's. I hope you are all happy with yourselves!

I am not going to speak again.

Codename: YUMMY!

Anonymous said...

Oh my! I think this is the most comments you've ever had on a post before saxon. is this some kind of record?

we are not mean yummy, you just have to play by the rules here.

Saxon said...

true drat. When I orginally came up with that name I wasn't expecting to ever run into you again, let alone you turn up posting comments on my blog!

Saxon said...

I'm interested to see what you'll come up with for your next post Alice. Can anyone help her out with suggestions?

Saxon said...

Yummy we weren't trying to be mean or tell you off. We would just like it if you could be mindful of people who don't like to use their real names online.

I'm sorry you felt that we were picking on you.

Saxon said...

I think it has set the record now Drat

Anonymous said...

...I have decided to speak again, but only briefly...

I don't like the rules! The rules are boring!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone knows who I am, and who 'drat' and the 'author' are!

'Author'? - what do you refer to yourself as?

THEREFORE...why do we have to play these silly games?!?
:(

Anonymous said...

Where are the rules of etiquette for posting comments then?

Saxon said...

okay Yummy, you may not like the fact that I and I refer to myself as Saxon as D rat choose to use names for ourselves online instead of our usual names. However this is our decision and what we choose to do.

We weren't being mean or having a go at you we simply asked if you could refrain from using our real names in your comments. That's all.

With regards to your query on posting comments I just ask that you don't use mine or anyone elses real name. If you want to use your own then feel free, that's your choice.