Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Strange Days

It's been a remarkably odd day. There's really no otherway to describe it as all sorts of things seem to have been going on.

I started the day by having another clear up of my bedroom before doing a final bit of tidying in the garage as we have to fit some new bathroom items in there. And before anyone asks that in the sense of storing them in there whilst we have some work done, not that we're having a bathroom installed in the garage. Because that would be crazy and we're not that crazy around here, honest. We're certainly not ecentric enough to do that either as we don't have that much money.

I then got a call from Tap Dance to inform me she had recieved a very odd email via facebook from me and she wasn't sure it was on the up and up. One quick logging into Grumpys computer and about thirty seconds of swearing later ( Gosh, Darn, Blast it etc honest!) I realised that my facebook account had been hacked. After changing all of the security settings and several deep scans of the computer for anything untoward later I'm fairly certain ( touch wood) that it's as secure as it can be again. If anyone is on my facebook list and you've had a odd email from me with a link please delete it asap.

The funnist thing I found however was that what tipped Tap Dance off that this email might be untoward wasn't that it started with her christian name more that she had recieved it at 8.05am this morning and she knew that meant it probably wasn't from me as she couldn't see me being up at that time whilst I was on Holiday.

I then had to try and fix Grumpys printer which is steadfastly refusing to work despite all of my best efforts and after a hour I was sorely tempted to see if it's abilities included being able to fly if I chucked it out the window!

After a quick stop for lunch and some smart alec comments from people on facebook my next task was to help Grumpy do some measuring in preparation for some work we're having done in the loft at the weekend. Which really confused Owen as he watched us trying to measure things, however he did disappear sharpish when we got the loft ladder down as I think it worries him a bit when we disappear up it.

However being a muppet I managed to leave the tape measure up in the loft after closing the ladder up. Still the advantage of being a wargamer is you usually have a lot of spare tap measures hanging around which meant I didn't have to open the loft again. However while I was up there I found a box of Grumpys old journals. He decided to check on a whim and found out that 17 years ago today he was in Germany and just for the day. as well. I pointed out that, that was pretty good as back then it wasn't as common to fly out and back on the same day. He thought I was accusing him of being old and pointed out in return that it wasn't that long ago and it wasn't like he had driven to the airport in a horse and cart.

Finally I ending up cooking Tea whilst Grumpy took Owen out for a walk. It's been quite a while since I cooked a full meal like that and I was quite pleased that my cooking skills are still rather good. Not that I get many chances to show them off mind you.

Hopefully tomorrow won't be quite as bizare. I'm off into Nottingham to have a look round the shops as it will make a change from usually going into Derby.

Anyway,

Later folks.

No comments: