Friday, January 29, 2010

We can see clearly now....... the back door is open

Our cooker has just about had it. After nearly a dozen times of having to screw the oven door back on, grumpy decided to finally give into the inevitable and buy a new one. The last time we had to try this was on Saturday evening which lead me to ponder how exciting our lives were by scrabbling around on a kitchen floor on a Saturday night and why were we doing this.

Grumpys response was to comment that it was obivously down to us having a screw loose :-)

Which thanks to a burst of eagneress has sat in the Kitchen waiting to be fitted tomorrow and lead to all sorts of problems trying to get in and out of the kitchen.

However that has meant that Grumpy has decided to try cooking things using the 'top oven' in the cooker which still works. However it has been a long time since we ever used it as a oven rather then as a grill which lead to a somewhat expected result.

Mainly a smokey filled ground floor of a house, a open back door and a vain attempt to waft some of the smoke out before it set the fire alarm off, whilst Owen looked on baffled and worried that this meant there would be no chip night.

Work was very good, after a stirling ( yet modest effort honest :-) I managed to surpase all of my targets for the month which I was very pleased with and thought it was good place to finish for a holiday.

The shifts patterns for the rest of Feb were published as well and I found that I will be soon facing my first round of early shifts ( but hey it means I get to finish at 4pm) and my first saturday shift as well. I don't mind the Saturday shift much as during that week your other shifts are increased by half an hour which means you only have to do a half day on Saturday which is pretty cool me thinks as it still gives you the other half of the day to enjoy.

anyway,

Later folks!

No comments: