Thursday, January 14, 2010

Points of view

My new chair at work has arrived. It is rather cool although it does look huge. But even with the large size it does look impressive, all I need now is a command deck, a brave crew and a spaceship to go with it and I'm all set.

The strangest thing was that the woman who sorts out the chairs and assesses everybody was surprised at my surprise as to how quickly they sorted this out and that they paid to get me a new chair. It couldn't have been cheap and mine was one of of at least six new chairs for employees to arrive and each one was different so we're talking serious cash outlay here. She explained that it was important to make sure that every staff member had a chair that supported their backs sufficiently which is why it was worth the investment. She then asked if people had been as surprised when they got egonomic checks at my last company. I didn't mention that I had never had a check like that at my last place or a check that my chair was okay. In fact I think everybody only had standard chairs. She'd probably through a fit if she ever went there. She's a nice lady but a bit scary when she finds something she doesn't like. She's very adept at the 'stern school mistress' kind of voice.

Quote of the day
" I've told you the town, why do you need more precise address details for where you need to collect from?"

Apparently there have been a couple of hundred complaints about the Doctor who special on New years day. It's been accused of being " Anti-ginger".

Some people really do have too much time on their hands.

Well it's one more day till the weekend. We're having a dress down day tomorrow for charity, all the funds will be going towards the earthquake in hati.

Then on Saturday I think ( and emphasis think) there will be some new books released by my old company, one of which I proof read. So I might go and buy those, after this book there's one more book that I proofed to be released and then that will be that. I will have no more fore knowledge of forthcoming books, I will have to wait with the rest of the civilian population to find out whats coming.

Although the trouble with waiting for a release date is that I know just how far in advance the books are finished and printed. Gaah!!

Still it will be another good chance to practise my new zen like powers of calm.

anyway,

Later folks.

No comments: