Monday, January 04, 2010

Walking on Thick ice

It may have been that I'm feeling optomistic, it may have been that I have finally found the ability to retreat to my happy place when needed or it may have just been the extreme cold had finally managed to penetrate my thick skull but I found it easy to feel a zen like state of contentment whilst I was waiting for the bus this evening.

Not that the day has been perfect mind you. The rather thick covering of ice over the car this morning was somewhat annoying, mainly as I had become so focused on trying to scrape the ice off the car I hadn't noticed how painfully cold my fingers were getting. Still as they say " Once hands frozen, twice remember to wear gloves". Okay maybe they don't say that, or maybe George bush did I can't remember.

Asides from a couple of minor hic ups during the day, work went very well, even with having to get used to being on a 'grown up shift'. I'm starting to feel a lot more secure there, heck my desk even has a desk mascot now. It's a little hedgehog that Santa bought me :-)

So this i suppose in part explains my state of zen whilst waiting for the bus to take me back to the car park. I think I'm now quite settled again, after the turmoil of the last few months. I know I can do this job and I do have the skills. Although somewhat unsurprisingly having a encyclopedia knowledge of GW background not the greatest help outside of GW. Who'd thought? :-)

Of course I could be counting my chickens too soon as I still have four months to go on my probabation, but lets keeping thinking those good thoughts every hey?

Todays Quotes of the day
" It's as heavy as my wedding ring"
" I don't know the delivery address. Is that okay?"
" It's teddy bear size. By that I mean it's big and light"

Random request just in case anyone can help, I really, really really want to get the theme music from the Earth to the moon series to put on my Ipod but it's not on Itunes and it seems that the only CD it's contained upon was only released in the states. If anyone has any idea where I might be able to download it, I would really appreciate it.

We took down the christmas decorations today which was quite sad as the house now looks all boring without the pretty lights. Owen was highly interested in the whole process as firstly he's a nosey and secondly it means he can now get back up on the windowsill into his usual guard postion so he can see whose approaching "his" house.

anyway,

Later folks,

No comments: