Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Comings and Goings

I was more then happy today to recieve my 'official' security pass which comes complete with a giant picture of yours truly across the front. Not that I was happy as I had a picture of myself, I rarely if ever like photos of me, I'm one of these people who firmly like to stay behind the camera. No, I was more happy as it felt like another layer of securness to my new job, due to the amount of time and effort that has to be put into making these passes. They wouldn't give me one if I was say on thin ice. ( and that will hopefully be the only weather related pun I use for the near future) Despite being there for almost three months I can't help but feel a very small twinge of anxity if the team manager comes to speak to me. (It's not as bad as it was and I guess it will fade in time. )

It was a interesting day, especially as some of the girls in our team were in a slightly mischevious mood and kept playing jokes on people. One of the guys went on Lunch and came back to find that his desk had been rearranged to be the exact opposite of how he had left it. Monitor facing the back, keyboard and chair upside down, phone on the left instead of right, etc, etc. It was funny as he came back as the whole team watched on tenderhooks for his reaction. He actually walked past his desk once without clocking what happened! Before finally realising and standing there with what can be best described as a dumbfounded look.

Most people in our team do have a very dark and black sense of humour, but that's what you need to survive the job, otherwise you'd probably be driven mad and be out on the runway barking at the planes.

Okay a somewhat unlikely scenerio I'll admit but it could happen :-)

I've heard that one of my nephews has finished the Lego car I bought him for Christmas and was proud to say that it looks like a " Solicitors car". Now quite what a solicitors car looks like I have no idea and it has prompted some conversation between Grumpy and myself as we've been trying to figure out what a Solicitors car would look like. Any suggestions anyone?

Anyway,

Later folks,

No comments: