Saturday, January 30, 2010

Not quite the result I was hoping for

As regular readers will know I have been doing some painting for the past few weeks with the intention of entering my first painting competition as a 'civilian'.

Well the painting competition was today and I did get my mini army finished in time to enter and I came second.

Out of two entries.

D'OH!!

Well to be fair the other guys army was better painted and I knew I was pretty much finished when I saw that he had scratch built display bases for each of his squads which were ruined buildings with slots to put each fo the models in.

Oh well, onwards and upwards as they say, hopefully I'll have better luck next time.

Asides from that excitment it's been a pretty quiet day. I did realise today that I've just had my third months pay from where I now work. It doesn't seem like it's been three months since I've started there. It also means that I'm halfway through my probatation as well. Eeek!! Six months seemed like such a long time when we started.

Anyway,

Later folks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

well done, at least you didnt come 3rd
!!!!!!!!!!!!

Saxon said...

true, true,

Although it might have been more impressive coming three out of two rather then two out of two :-)