Friday, January 01, 2010

In with a bang

Well as I mentioned yesterday I was invited to a New years eve party in Leicester which made me feel rather popular as it's sad to admit but I can't remember ever being invited to a New years eve party at someones house before.

Engineseer decided to stay in Geektown and come as well although there were one or two logistical problems. It seems his super organisational powers weren't quite up to their usual standards or to put it another way your powers grown weak old man! :-)
There was a brilliant turn out of the more ( how say we say) " Veteran" YSA members of the stake. There was nobody from the younger YSA.
It was a fantastic night and we had a lot of fun. Plus it was a very nice way to see in the new year.

A large chunk of the party was spent on the Hosts Wii gaming console. Most of the time we were playing the rabid rabits game where you had to dance along to the commands on the screen. I haven't giggled so much in a longtime!
We left the party at around 2am which is the latest I have stayed up in a very, very, very, very ( well you get the idea) long time.
Still it was worth it, even if I woke up with a spliting headache after only five hours sleep thanks to Owens tail hitting the dooor.
I just hope that we cn organise more YSA get togethers in 2010 as there were sadly lacking in 2009!


No comments: