Monday, January 25, 2010

All on my own again

Well they've just announced the prices for this years YSA conference on facebook ( see we're all down with the kids into the 'in' things year man) and I'm fairly certain that there is a very high chance that I will be going on my own again as most people last year used the price as an excuse and the prices have just gone up again. By £20!! So the 'early' price will be £139 and the 'full' price is £149!

It's inevitable that their will be some very unhappy people about this. But I'm not going to let it deter me. I've suffered prices rises before and I'll take them again. The weekends usually prove to be more then worth it and I have every belief that this year will be no different.

There's good news and bad news for Scully today David Tennant wise. They have released a DVD of his version of Hamlet but his new pilot for American TV looks set not to be picked up into a series.

I decided over the weekend that as it had been a very very very long time since I had treated myself to anything special I would join the herd as it were and copy what the rest of the cools kids are doing... No not watching glee, rather I bought myself a Nintendo Wii with four games, two controllers and some other bits and pieces for a rather good price. So for asides from Sunday when I was feeling rather under the weather and spent a large chunk of the day in bed I've been having fun playing Wii sports and quite frankly really confusing Owen into the process. Even Grumpy has been really enjoying playing the games. Table Tennis is his favourite and the cycling well the least said about that one the better.

Tap Dance has even had a go when she popped by to visit. Her favourite is the sword fighting but she gets rather into it and you have to make sure your a long way away when she starts flinging that controller around. I just hope she never plays it againist my niece who is the most 'active' wii player in her family or we could be looked at some destroyed houses.

anyway,

Later folks.

2 comments:

Scully said...

NOOOO! Yet another reason to dislike NBC, after the Conan debacle.

Saxon said...

it does seem pretty hard to get a good series going these day and those "must see's" that do keep going seem to get rubbish pretty quickly!