Sunday, February 15, 2009

feeling sleepy

Even with the best will in the world at some point most people will find something boring at church. It happens. What didn't help today was that they had all the heaters turned up to maximum to try and compensate for a broken pump on one side of the building. And compensate it did! The chapel was boiling in places. It didn't help in Sunday school that as well as there being nearly a dozen people in the classroom I also ended up next to the radiator which was on full blast which meant it started to get very very warm. Which in turn meant it wasn't long before I started to feel that slight itchy/burning sensation you get in your eyes when your feeling very very sleepy.......

Fortunatly I managed to keep myself from falling asleep. Mainly by banging my foot, toe first on the floor under my chair but it was possibily a close run thing :-)

One of the other YSA surprised most people with his new hair colour today. He said that he had agreed to let a friend dye his hair as long as she chose a colour that was suitable for him and he didn't see it till she was finished. However she ended up choosing a extremly red/ginger style colour and from what I understood it was also a permant dye as well. So I guess he's stuck with it till it grows out. However he seems to be taking the whole thing with a lot better humour then I would have ( probably a lesson for me there somewhere).

There was also another one of those moments which made me feel really old as the teacher asked if people had enjoyed half term and I realised that I was the only one in that class who is not a student and is in fact in full term employment!

On the new 'whose who' board they've put up at the chapel they've included all the various callings and the names and photos of whose in which calling. However Physics simply says " Single adult ward rep". So I asked if he had decided to change his name. Physics being physics simply said he had and suggested we could call him sawr for short.

The story of that 12/13 year old dad has take another twist. Apparently two others lads have come out and claimed to have slept with the 'girlfriend' at around the same time so reckon they could be the father. so the 'orginal dad' is now insisting on a paternity test. This case is just so sad, the lads 13 years old. He shouldn't have to be considering paternity tests or how to support a baby!

It's Monday tomorrow and that means another week of work is about to begin! So I guess we'll just wait and see what opportunities the week will bring. Won't we? :-)

later folks!

No comments: