Tuesday, February 10, 2009

if it's not one thing it's another

The weather is continuning to be a real pain right now. When I went to bed last night it was really snowing quite heavily so I had visions of having to drive to work through lots of snow and ice. However when I woke up all of the snow had vanished to be replaced by heavy wind and rain. Still it could have been worse at least we haven't had the flooding they've had down south where someplaces had a months worth of rain in one day. Still as I've said before Geektown is on quite high ground so if we ever do flood I think that would mean the whole country is sinking.

The away day we had today was interesting we were doing a lot of planning for the 'future' as it were. It was also different to actually leave the office and go off site. I think it really helped us to 'focus' as if you were on site there's a much greater chance for distractions, or popping back ot the office to check your emails etc.

The police have been busy in a town near by as they swooped on a wild west themed party after a member of the public mistook the guns the party goers had for real weapons. They obivously have a real problem with gangs who dress up like cowboys in castle donnington.

I also got a friend request on facebook from one of the Elders who helped bring our family into the church today. It was really weird seeing a photo of him after all this time ( nearly 18 years since we last saw him) plus he has a family of four now. Which also seems odd as it doesn't seem like it's been that long, I still remember him as a newly arrived green missionary.

Well it's institute tomorrow. Hopefully the weather won't be too bad as I don't fancy driving all that way in heavy rain etc.

Anyway,

Later folks!

No comments: