Monday, February 23, 2009

Normal service has resumed

Well half term is over which means that although the gaming hall may be a lot quieter the roads are now once again a lot busier which means one thing and one thing only the 'traffic jams' are back.

Still it could have been worse as I was only stuck in traffic for 10 minutes.

Work was good if busy as it usually is on a Monday. Still I was able to get most of what I needed to done cleared which gives me more time for some projects later this week.

It's also possible that spring is going to be on us soon as it's starting to get a lot lighter. It's actually light now when I wake up in the morning. Hopefully in a couple more weeks it will be light when I start out for home as well. Which will be nice as I much prefer driving during the day as opposed to night. Mainly as most of the lunatic drivers seem to only come out at night. Of course that is a relative term as there are some lunatic drivers on the road during the day. The bright spark this morning who started three cars back and continued to overtake past me and the two cars in front of me whilst on a blind corner, going uphill with a blind summit seems to be a good contender for the term.

We had YSA FHE at the chapel tonight. The Elders bought along a couple of investigators one of whom was somewhat loud. Or to put it another way she makes convert seem as quiet as a church mouse. She also managed to really confuse O during our lesson about the word of wisdom. When we were talking about alchol she chimed in and said no alchol was good as when she has too much she dances on tables. O later mentioned he couldn't believe that a table dancer was investigating the church obivously unaware what he just said.

The activity afterwards was making pancakes. Due to a lack of people familiar with cooking pancakes and the rather rubbish cookers the least said about this activity the better me thinks.

Still I had a really fun evening and I suppose in a way it was a nice confidence builder for me. I'm still not feeling totally part of things and it will probably be a while before I do but I felt I made a bit of progress and maybe my biggist problem isn't that I can't talk to people or break into a 'group' but more I'm far too hard on myself.

One to ponder me thinks.

Later folks!

No comments: