Saturday, February 14, 2009

Time warp

Tempus Fugit or to put it another way, Time flies! Which is seems to do especially on Saturdays. Mabe it's because theres also a time warp over geektown as well as a weather null zone or maybe it's just because it's the weekend and we never seem to have enough time. Who knows!

Owen was feeling very pleased with himself this morning as he managed to scare somebody away from putting a flyer through the door as he did he usual trick of barking and jumping up at the door. Grumpy is getting annoyed as he is starting to scratch the door but did wonder this morning if this was a acceptable pay off as it were if it stops junk mail.

Loughborough was very quiet today as they seemed to be a distinct lack of people around. So I was able to get the shopping done very quickly.

It's hard to remember sometimes that just because I work for a company whose ethyos when it comes to customer service is to provide " Outrageous customer service" ( in the positive sense before anyone trys to make a clever comment) not every company works to the same standard as I observed with a staff member in Carphone warehouse.

Now I know that the most annoying thing to parents is when people they don't know give them unwanted advice, ( if you haven't visited Nemesis's blog in a while do so now as she has a very funny post involving this topic) I've certainly never considered doing this before but I almost did today as whilst outside a shop I noticed a mother with a couple of children walking up the stairs towards the shops. a little girl was walking in front of her looking down in the dumps, the mother then called out
" This is your last warning. You will listen to me as your mother and come here otherwise I will put you on a wrist leash. Your choice!"
The little girl continuned to walk along looking fed up and obivouly suffering fro ma case of selective hearing. The woman then sped up grabbed her by the wrist and yelled at her
" That's it! You've only got yourself to blame"
and started to drag the girl by the arm up the steps. (I'm guessing the girl was about five or six). The little girl started to cry at which point the mum bent down, got in the girls face and told her quite loudly and please excuse the language as these are her words not mine
" Stop that. I'm a horrible bitch remember and crying won't get you anywhere with me"
before dragging the still crying girl into the shop. A couple of other people had stopped to watch this with stunned expessions as well. Now of course I might be judging this woman extremly harshly as I don't know the rest of the situation. The girl could be a complete devil child and routinly swears at and hits her mum but it's just I've never seen anything like that before.

Anyway, church tomorrow and the priesthood are supposed to be doing a musical item ( oh joy). I'm a firm believer that singing should be left to the people who can sing. I may have many talents being a good singer is not one one them!

Later folks!

No comments: