Saturday, February 21, 2009

and another one's gone

Well another shop has disappeared from Loughborough. Well it's technically two but I'm counting them as one as they were both part of the same group. Barratts shoes and priceless shoes have both shut with immediate effect which means another two empty stores in Loughborough town centre. With Zaavi (which ahs now closed it's remaining stores) and Big W having closed other retailers in the town centre have got to be getting a bit twitchy right now.

Actually speaking of Big W the last ever 'pic n mix' bag of sweets from the chain has just been auctioned on ebay to raise money for a charity. The bag went for a mind boggling £14,500!

Asides from that it's been a fairly quiet day. Town wasn't that busy so we were able to get the shopping done with no problems. Well asides from a kid in Icelands who decided to throw a world class hissy fit over the fact that he couldn't have any sweets and his screams of " I want sweeties!" did seem to be approaching roughly the same noise level as a jumbo jet.

I was very amused to see that apparently a 'official report' has stated that train fares in UK are the most exspensive in europe. Isn't it great that they have to have a official report to tell us what we already now. I mean a great example of this is when I went to Luxembourg to see Engineseer. The airface for areturn flight to Germany was less then half the price for a return to and from London by train. If that isn't a good example of whats wrong with our trains I don't know what is.

Anyway, Church tomorrow. At least we don't have to sing this week although on the plus side at least singing with the whole priesthood for a musical item meant there was a lot of other voices to drown mind out :-)

As I've said before I have talents, singing is not one of them. I'm more then willing to leave that one to the people who have that talent.

Of course the downside is that most of my talents aren't really that useful for Church. Of course there is always the outside chance that someone might need to know the background to the first founding of the Space Marines or need a model putting together but it's unlikely. Still if it ever does happen I'll be ready ! :-)

Anyway,

Later folks!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll be honest - I've not been to Hitchin or Letchworth town centre recently. 'Twould be a scary sight I'm sure...

Saxon said...

indeed.

I'm guessing those places are near where you now live as I've never heard of them before.

sorry :-)