Thursday, February 26, 2009

But I want it nowwww!!

My job is cool. I know many might not think that but I do. Heck I get paid to be more or less surrounded by my hobby all day. One of the small downsides is when I sit in the planning meetings where we make decisions about future books we're going to be releasing. As we have to plan far in advance some of the books we talk about won't be hitting the shelves for two years in some cases. This is a downside in the sense that I get to hear about all of these really cool books but I can't read them. What'd ya mean the author hasn't even started writing? Well tell him to hurry up I want to read it nowwww..... Still considering all the plus points of my job I guess I can live with having to wait. I suppose I should look at it as a good exercise in improving my patientce.

I was amused to read that the former head of RBS ( who've just posted the biggist losses in uk coperate history) has refused to bow to pressure and give back any of his £650,000 a year pension. Now I'm not amused that he gets that much as I think it's obscene, but I was amused that some people seemed surprised that he decided to not give any back. Well why would he? he's gets over 600 grand a year for the rest of his life for doing nothing.

I also saw that a office up north has installed a helter skelter to allow office workers to get from the third floor to reception in 7 seconds. ( can well imagine the look on the health and safety officers face. You want to install what! ) Now only if we could install one at work for our office. Of course it would be pointless as we're on the ground floor anyway but it would be a good talking point :-)

I've also discovered that one of my favourite series has just 'come back from the dead' as it were. A somewhat ironic turn of phrase as the series was called "Dead like Me", in the form of a straight to DVD movie. Unfortunatly it's only avalable in the US with no UK release date in sight darn it!

oh well. Maybe I'll get lucky and they'll decide to release it sometime. What I really can't wait for is the last season of Battlestar Galactica.

Grumpy is trying to train Owen again. Or Owen is trying to train Grumpy. It's hard to tell which way round it is sometimes :-)

I also have a free evening tonight which I wasn't expecting as the one person on our list who we can actually get hold of for home teaching was poached by the Elders again to go teaching when we were supposed to be hometeaching him. And this is the 2nd time this has happened.

I also discovered on Wednesday that I've got enough credits to get my advanced diploma for institute which I wasn't expecting, I thought it would be another year.

Anyway, only one more day to the weekend.

Later folks!

No comments: