Friday, February 27, 2009

Slow on the uptake

One of the definite signs that it is a Friday asides from the very empty roads on the way to work ( i still can't figure out whats up with that. Do all the schools get Fridays off?) is the fire alarm test that always happens at 11am every Friday. And yet somehow still manages to make me jump everyweek. Well this morning the fire alarm went off at around 10.50am. So it was quite amusing as a lot of the people in the office (myself included) all looked at our watches/clocks and our first thought was. " Hmm the test is early today" and it took a few seconds for us all to realise that the alarm wasn't stopping which ment we had to go outside.

Lots of people are still going on about the pension that this former boss of RBS will be recieving. One thing I have noticed though is that people only seem to be objecting because the bank is in trouble. Would no one have cared if the bank was fine? Apparently his pension works out at something like 2 grand a day! 2 grand a day! What could you do with 2 grand a day. Well I suppose a easier question would be what couldn't you do? :-)

In geeky news apparently the online game has been deemed more addicitive then cocaine after one teenager played it straight for 24 hours non-stop before collapsing in a fit. Well I suppose that could prove that it is addictive or that he should just remember to take a break once in a while.

It was quite sad writing this weeks ward bulletin as among the announcements is one about a birth and one about a death. I've never had two announcements like that before together in the same bulletin.

Well it's the weekend now, which means I have two whole days to myself. Plus it's payday which is always a nice feeling. I also have a new 'toy' to play with this weekend as something I ordered came through. I'll post some photos on Sunday if I get it finished.

Later folks!

No comments: